Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm having a CARTHARSIS!

Do we all remember the Team Assignment: Picture This? Our group chose the theme: edible. Well, my photo of something edible was of my last relationship: Wes. Yes, Wes, was indeed 6'8" and very hot (in my opinion). Unfortunately though, Wes had an issue that I was no longer the size 8 I used to be. Wes felt I needed to go to the gym daily. He would even ask me if I had gone to the gym! Well, everything came to a head near my birthday and lasted for nearly three weeks until New Year's Eve. That's when I decided I could not handle how he made me feel. I felt poorly, insecure and I really lay it all at his enormous feet.

My aunt gives each niece and nephew an ornament every Christmas. If you are married and have children, they receive an ornament as well. This year, I asked for one for Wes. I have dated here and there and have had meaningful relationships, but I have never asked her to have an ornament made for the person I was dated. I did this year. I should point out she starts ordering these things BEFORE Halloween. How was I to know that Wes would turn into the person he was?

Fast forward two months later and you will find a hammer in my hand hitting his ornament over and over again. It was my break through of letting go of him, the relationship and the awful way he made me feel.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment