Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Why This Film is a Work of Art

"CATS" is most definitely a work of art to me. It was one of the longest running shows on Broadway and has been converted to filmed performances that people (like me) will gladly pop into their DVD players every weekend! I can recite every lyric and I know every step. While I was searching for a clip to use, I was torn, but of course, I knew the one to use! Rum Tum Tugger is a tomcat like no other! If I were a cat, I would definitely fall for his antics... who knew felines could be hot?

Add in the costumes with the music, lyrics and steps, and you have a bonafide piece of art on your hands! I was given the original soundtrack, a VHS copy of the play and the promise of tickets for my 18th birthday. I will turn 30 at the end of the year and that gift is still by far my most favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment